Creating an Account
How do I create a Sparkfaces account?
To create a Sparkfaces account:
1. Go to www.sparkfaces.com
2. Enter your name, email or mobile phone number, password, date of birth and gender.
3. Click Create an Account.
4. To finish creating your account, you need to confirm your email or mobile phone number.
How do I change or reset my password?
Change Your Password To change your password on Sparkfaces if you're already logged in:
1. Click in the top right corner of any Facebook page and select Settings.
2. Click Edit next to Change Password.
3. Click Save Changes.
Reset Your Password
To reset your password if you're not logged in to Sparkfaces:
1. Go to the Sing up page.
2. Type the email, mobile phone number, full name or username associated with your account, then click Forgot Password .
3. Follow the on-screen instructions.
How do I unfriend or remove a friend?
To unfriend someone:
1. Go to that person's profile
2. Hover over Friends at the top of their profile
3. Select Unfriend The person you unfriended won't be notified.
How do I add photos?
To add and post photos to Sparkfaces:
1. Click Photo/Video at the top of your News Feed or timeline
2. Select the photos or videos you want to add to Facebook.
3. Click Post.
How do I post to my timeline?
Your timeline is where you can see your posts or posts you've been tagged in displayed by date. Your timeline is also part of your profile. You can post to your timeline either from the top of your timeline or from News Feed:
1. From the top of your timeline or News Feed, click what type of story you want to share (ex: Status, Photo)
2. Type in any details you want to add Add a photo
3. Click Post
How do I edit basic info on my profile and choose who can see it?
To edit your basic personal info (example: gender, contact info, relationships, work, education):
1. Go to your profile
2. Click About at the bottom of your cover photo
3. In the left column, click the section you'd like to change
4. Hover over the information you'd like to edit
5. To the right of that section, click Edit or Options, then select Edit
6. Then click Save Changes. You can also: • Edit your name • Change your relationship status • Add or edit your email • Add a mobile phone number
How do I remove something posted on my timeline?
You can remove stories that you and your friends post on your timeline. To remove a story from your timeline:
1. Go to your timeline
2. Hover over the story and click in the top right corner
3. Select Delete from the dropdown menu
4. Delete: Removes the story from Facebook entirely. Keep in mind that you can only delete stories that you have posted.
How do I create a Page?
Pages are for businesses, brands, organizations and public figures to share their stories and connect with people. Like profiles, Pages can be customized with stories, events and more. People who like or follow a Page can get updates in News Feed. To create a Page:
1. Go to www.sparkfaces.com/create_page
2. Click to choose a Page category
3. Select a more specific category from the dropdown menu and fill out the required information
4. Click Get Started and follow the on-screen instructions
5. Once you create your page, you personalize it by uploading a cover photo and adding a description.
Note: Anyone can create a Page, but only official representatives can create a Page for an organization, business, brand or public figure.
How do I create a group?
To create a group:
1. Click in the top right of Facebook and select Create Group.
2. Enter your group name, add group members and then choose the privacy setting for your group.
3. Click Create. Once you create your group, you personalize it by uploading a cover photo and adding a description.
How do I add new members to a group?
To add new members to a group:
1. Go to the group you want to add members to.
2. Click Add Members below the group photo.
3. Enter the names of the people you want to add and then click Add. You can also add people by entering their name or email below Add Members in the top right of the group page. For all types of groups—Public, Closed —group members can add anyone they're friends with.
How do I create an event?
To create a private or public event:
1. Click on the top of your Feed.
2. Click + Create Event on the top.
3. Click to choose between a private or public event. If you're creating a public event, you can set the event's host as yourself or a page you manage. You're not able to change the privacy settings once you've created the event.
4. Fill in the event name, details, location and time. If you're creating a public event, you can: o Add multiple dates and times o Select a category for your event o Add keywords about your event o Add a link to a ticketing website for your event
5. Click Create.
Your privacy settings let you manage basic privacy preferences. For other stuff you share on Sparkfaces, you can choose your audience right when you post.
How do I block someone?
When you block someone, they will no longer be able to do things such as tag you or see things you post on your timeline. If you're friends, blocking will also unfriend them. To block someone:
1. Click at the top right of any Sparkfaces page.
2. Click Setting
3. Click Block/Restrict
4. Enter the name or email of the person you want to block and click Block
5. Select the specific person you want to block from the list that appears and click Block again.
Add and Edit Your Profile Info You can see the public information that's shown on your profile (ex: hometown, education) in the Intro section below your profile picture. To add or edit the public info that's shown on your profile:
1. Go to any page of Sparkfaces top right section.
2. Click over the section.
3. To edit your information or choose who can see it, click Setting -> General at the bottom.
4. Click Save.
Send Messages How do I send a message on SparkFaces?
To send a direct message on Facebook on a computer:
1. Click at the top right of the screen.
2. Click New Message.
3. Start typing a name into the To field. Names of friends will appear in a dropdown.
4. Select the person or people you want to message.
5. Type your message, then press enter to send.